Friday, February 20, 2009

Rave, The Honored Few

I'm starting one of those things that I guess you might call a theme. I will entitle this theme "Rays of the Real Bobby Walden". Sorry I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

RAY ONE:

Seems to me that there are some folks that think they are more special than we are. They have that "their stuff don't smell" attitude. Yes, I did say it in a different way than you have heard it before but I'm trying to be niece. Those folk will surely be forgotten after a little while but there are those who will never fade from memory. These are some of the "Folk" that I think will never fade away from my bestest memories. Those who made a difference... Let's say 10 or so, OK? Here are the rules: 1. No cartoon characters. (Da) 2. Real life people that I actually spent time with.

1. Katherine Gibson - Lady from my church that cared for me when I was right out of college. A real lover of people, a real giver of her time and gifts. I love "Ma Gibson."
2. Johnny Wharton - a man that showed me about leadership without having to say a thing. Father of great men,husband to a great woman. He knew God in a personal way. Gone now.
3. H. L. Hutcherson - a man that lived a life of prayer. An example of a Godly man for everyone who had the chance to spend time with him. Gone now.
4. Coach Charles Shira - Head Football Coach at Mississippi State 1970. A man that could impact you by making a single statement. Gone now. I respected him in a large way.
5. Coach Bob Stevens - Football Coach at Central High School 67-70. A man that believed in me when I was just a fat guy who thought he could play football. I respect him greatly.
6. Ms. Payne - English teacher, Central High School. Lady that help me learn to read more than any other teacher I ever had. I love Ms. Payne.
7. Fred Davis - Quarterback at Central High School 66-69 and Defensive back at Mississippi State 69-73. This guy stood up for Christ and gave his testimony at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in 1967 where I gave my life to Christ. He became one of my best friends because he took time to help me grow spiritually. He walked the walk. What a man.
8. Bobby Parks - closest thing I ever had to a brother. Invested a large part of his life in Africa growing God's army. Accepted me where I was and didn't ask a lot of stupid questions. I'm so proud to know him. I love Bobby. Glory to God.
9. Ron Mumbower - good friend and personal counselor. This man is the most hyperactive adult I've ever known. The wisest guy I have ever met that always points to Christ and the proper solution to life's questions that seem unanswerable. A guy that sets the bar high because he knows if he didn't you might settle for something less than what you can do. I love Ron. He has saved my life 3 times. GLORY!.
10. Byron Malone ("Heavy") - the closest thing I've ever had to a Daddy. The greatest preacher I've ever hear. This man demonstrated how to be a great man of God and built a great family who love God. The greatest friend I ever had. The most Godly man I've ever known. Gone now. I loved him greatly and still do. So much I cry when I think of him. The thought that I let him down in some way burdens my soul. The man's influence will continue for ever because of his wonderful children and wife, BJ. WOW, what a family. Greatest influence I've ever seem. He would have loved "Omar learns to shoot"

No comments: