Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Perfect fit.

There are tasks in this world that take just the right person to perform them. Handling "nutty" people is one of those tasks. I live very close to a real "Weird Nut", OK I sleep in the same skin as he does.



I've been aware of my weirdness for a long time and actually embraced it but the nutty side of me hasn't been out for very long.



I talked with this guy yesterday that is a perfect fit to the task of pointing the "Nutty Folk" of life in the right directions. This guy is so good that you can go to him and say nothing and he'll read you mind. Yep, slap read yo mind. Then he'll ask you a question that seems to have nothing to do with anything and "BAM" you are telling him deep dark secrets and get this, he knows the answers to stupid stuff that has never made sense to you. I'd say he is a perfect fit to his job.



Of course some of us look at a fit as a gift that a higher power arranged for us before there were gifts. I kinda been looking for a fit for a long time. I think I'm good at what I do and that comes as a result of a long career and a memory full a lot of mistakes that should not be repeated. A lot of "lines drawn in the sand" and a lot of standing for what is right. After 35 years plus working with children and adults and now with those more challenged than the average, I face a very large decision. That being when is the right time to "retire." A good friend gave me an unforgettable statement yesterday as I shared about my thought of leaving this career. The statement was "don't worry about those you'll leave behind but pray for God to send a person who will fit your position with the same devotion and standard."



GOOD GRIEF! Why have I not thought about this before. The person that will take care of those of need that come by me will be a perfect fit. Sorta like the Master Creator made them perfectly for this position. A PERFECT FIT. GLORY.

No comments: