Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Almost Home.

Well, the plan is for the group to get a little more sight seeing and then da plan. We all meet at "Seven Mile Beach" to finally see the "beach". Of course Libby and I had been there already but that was fine too. Looks like everybody is at the holiday celebration down town. They have some kind of holiday every month and this one was called "Heroes" holiday. There was no shortage of holidays and certainly no shortage of those who would celebrate. Well, after a nice walk on the beach and a few more purchases, right LIBBY! I did some interviews with my camera. BIG FUN! I did some with a big boat full of folk going snorkeling. The Cutie girl was from South Africa. Seeing the world going from place to place. She is coming to the USA next.



I checked out the people on the boat. These guys were from all over. Some from I don't know where because they would tell me in a language I could understand, how rude. There were some from a country known as "Peensyvania", never been there before, but it must have been very cold from what they said.



OK, load up and to da plane. Check in and customs was smooth and the duty free shops were interesting. Lunch was another island delight, HOT DOG! Good Grief! Anyway up and away to Atlanta USA. Right over Cuba, I asked. It made me want to good back and flush the toilet over Castro's house but I didn't. That reminds me of one big disappointment of the trip. I forgot to go to the air toilet. Never done that and who knows i may have missed out now. Libby says that I said I would go to New York on another mission trip, I'm not sure when I did that but I don't argue with the boss. That may give me another chance at the air toilet. Not that I could actually make a profession of faith there but I could at least take a look. Anyway, customs in Atlanta was much more interesting. especially since I had brought back some giant seed pods that came from Gram's yard. (Hey Gram) Not like the kind in those science fiction movies, but pretty big, like 18". I confessed to having them and therefore our bags were searched and the pods taken. I had an interesting talk with the ladies that did the searching and that was fun but lost my pods, right. NO! when I got home and unpacked there was one left. I know that sweet lady left me one, I just know it and come spring I will plant a tree in her honor and of course Gram's.

You notice I haven't mentioned the bump da dump any more. I are a "veteran plane rider" now and i hardly notice the dump da dump when we arrived to the "air plant" Jackson, Mississippi. Home but already missing Beth, Reggie, Max, Rico, and all my Caymanian Friends. Maybe God will allow me to go back some day and see them again. Maybe make a dive, who knows.

God bless those of the Cayman Islands and the Cayman Baptist Church. Thank you my friends. I've left a piece of my heart with you.

LOVE BIG BOB.

No comments: