Thursday, April 23, 2009

Somebody Shoot Me!


Jerry Clower is one of my favorite story tellers of all time. His wit comes directly from real life stuff. One of the most memorable stories results in a character named John being up a tree after a "coon". Another character shouts up, "knock'um out Johnnnnnnnn". John replies with a shout and scream. Again, "knock'um out Johnnnnnnnnn." Eventually it's discovered that the animal treed is not a coon but a Wildcat and the Wildcat is having its way with John. John shouts down, "shoot this thing!" To which is answered "I might hit you Johnnnnnn!" John's reply is "Well shoot up here and give one of us some relief."


Relief, please. Seems that lately I have been blessed with several situations that made me shout, "shoot up here and give one of us some relief." At the same time God has shown me through several sources that those times are the ones He gives me to make me what he wants. Just another opportunity to trust the LORD.

No comments: