Tuesday, April 14, 2009

DAD'S GREATEST BLESSING.
Well, Henry Blackaby says in his experiencing God that there are moments that are true turning points or defining point in our life with Christ. This weekend I experience something that every father should want in the short existence in this world. You know dads want to be able to know that things for his children are OK. I mean really OK, not just OK.
Saturday, #2 daughter, her mom, and I went to see a musical drama presented by First Baptist Church Florence which just happened to be directed by my boy and which my #1 daughter was participating in by singing with the choir. The title was "Bow the Knee". Now I've seen this before several times but My boy added some stuff and it turned me out!!! What a blessing!!!! So proud of him and his.
But that's not that magical moment. That came about 15 minutes before the end. It occurred during a very moving song. Yep, brought me to the wet eye stage and I was not alone. I might as well have been alone because I had no awareness of any one but the person next to me, #2 daughter. Yep, she was crying and raising her hands in worship as many others were, I guess. I at that moment caught a feeling I've never had before. I was worshiping Christ with my daughter and she was worshiping Christ with me and nobody was expecting her to. She was worshiping because of her relationship with God and not her relationship with her dad. Then something else happened, I saw daughter # 1 in the choir. Her face was radiant and I could till that she was worshiping the same God that we were and it wasn't because either of us were worshiping but because her heart was filled with love for Christ and her voice was proclaiming His glory.
OK, this is where the moment comes in... get ready. I realized that I was standing in the wet eye stage worshiping the God of all creation and my girls were OK. They were OK because of their relationships with Christ the risen savior. THEY WERE OK! AND WOULD BE OK FOR EVER!!
Every dad should be able to have that moment in their life, you know to know that his children are OK. I'm not going any where so I'll take care of them as long as I'm able, but their mom and I know they will always have the LORD God to take care of them.
WOW! WHAT A FEELING. WOW!

No comments: