Friday, October 10, 2008

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!

Well, I said it so I might as well take the blame. Now back track to 12 hours ago when I was told that a school from north MS was coming to view my school and were expecting an in-service presentation. Now I don't go for dog and pony shows but I don't like being dumped on to cover someone and end up being sacrificed. What you see is what you get with me, but that's not the way it is  with the BOSS. She wasn't going to be there to make a colorful dramatic presentation so it fell, literally on my shoulders. I hesitated to waste my time with preparation of a bunch of education jargon but didn't hesitate to spend some time in preparing a sunday school lesson. You see I serve a God of the moment and at that moment I was more concerned with being prepared for those that would fall under my voice sunday at a devine appointment set by God.

Well, the Boss left for her meeting and as sure as a fat baby poots those folk showed up expecting a professionally prepared in-service presentation. They were not prepared for what they got, a fully functioning lively presenting "dinomaticallydriven" (if it's not a word it should be) fat guy if a tie name "the Big W." Three hours later I was sitting in my office while 9 delta educators were having a sausage dog samwich in my cafeteria. I was smiling :) with some self gratification and thinking that they could use everything I had given them. It was good stuff and it would all work for them.  At the same time I was thinking "if they only knew that I made up most of that stuff." 

Now don't think less of me but... over the 35 years I've been in education I've spent several years  sitting in "in-service" presentations and  know how it feels when you need, want, and gotta have a break or the next sound you hear is me falling out of my chair in a stone cold, eyes locked nap.

Not long after lunch the Boss made it back. She walked in my office and asked how things had gone. I said "ok I guess." With an "oh hell" look on her face she left out bound for the cafe' to meet the "Crew from the delta.  Not long afterwards she stuck her head in and smiled as to say good job, but she didn't.

At the very least those people left my school having been entertained and with some hope that they had some good ideas to help them help the kids that need help.

Now I sure might as well take the blame but I'll take some credit too.

  YEP, THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT AND I'D SAY IT AGAIN!


1 comment:

Angie Haraway said...

So glad I finally found your blog. Took me long enough!
So insightful I must say!!
Keep it coming!
Thanks for your encouraging comments as we journey through this thing called parenthood.
BTW, Katie really has a gift for writing!!