Wednesday, October 1, 2008

If you want to know...

If you don't want to know...
If you don't want to know then don't ask me. If you have already made up your mind just tell me. If what I say doesn't mean anything then tell me to shut up!
Ever feel like that. Good grief! there are people that want you to listen to what they want and then tell them that they are wise and should move ahead fred. I'm just not that kind of person. The really weird thing is that the same people keep coming back wanting you to agree with them. Same song different verse. It's like they want your permission to do the wrong thing. I think they want to be able to come back and blame you for "rubber stamping" their mistakes. Now I'm not tooting my on horn, but I've help some folk make some really tough discisions. Discisions that affected much more than themselves. I can't honestly tell you something that is not true, and that's not a play on words, well... maybe it is but anyway.
Now if you truthfully care for someone you'll hurt them if it's for their own good. It's like a Doctor hurting their child during surgery and at the sme time saving the child's life. "You always hurt the one you love" sorry... that ain't got anything to do with this or maybe it does. You decide.
If you are a true friend you'll do what is right for your friend. You'll Be there for them when they need you. Even when they aren't sure that they need you. Tell them the truth, be straight with them, shoot straight. You may not be the most popular person but you will be respected and valued. Maybe most of all YOU WILL BE MISSED.
Anyway don't you hate it when you meet a person that "knows everything about everything", doesn't mind telling you but hates for folk to tell them the truth or correct them. Those folk take everything personal. I do, I ... ok, dislike them extremely. It's like racing with that dinosaur in Jurassic Park. The one with a head as big as a truck. You want to run but you realize that (a) your legs aren't long enough to get you away from the impending unpleasant encourter and (b) they will find you no matter where you go. So the best thing to do is to be faithful to yourself and your beliefs. Speak from your heart and remember that it is better to stand in silence allowing everyone to believe you dumb, stupid and crazy or open your mouth and leave no doubt.
HA! Get it!

No comments: