Thursday, October 16, 2008

ABOUT THE PICTURE




THIS IS MY BOY SPECK. Speck was a pup from my "Cleo", a most wonderful Basset Hound. Speck had quite a few brothers and sisters, all of which went to good homes but not speck. Speck was pushed back by his mother because he had "somethings" wrong with him. You'd never know it by looking at him and not just being left pawed I found him where she had left him to die. Speck was a very good friend of mine and we shared many good times laying on the floor watching TV together. He was a vey good listener. I could share my feeling when i was depressed and afraid to tell anyone else. Speck went blind late in life. You can see the right eye in the picture is cloudy. This picture was taken in our back yard. Soon after this time I determined that Speck was blind in both eyes. I selfishly did not put him to sleep because he was giving me so much love and time. Speck learned to make it around the house and yard with no problem. He was still able to live a good live and we gave him plenty of love. I told you he was special. You can see too that he had some trouble with his back. The day came when his back got to bad and he couldn't get up so that morning I took him to a "Vet" and allowed him to move on. I will see you again my friend Speck. I love you and honor you with this posting of your picture. I miss that "big ole nose".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speck was very handsome; bet he had a beautiful personality, too!