Tuesday, October 7, 2008

KISS ME WHERE IT DON'T SNOW!

In my business I meet the most wonderful people. An English teacher who's great desire is to serve the US soldiers as a family counselor when they return to the US, a coach that uses his truck to take kids home after practice. Wonderful people! But then there are those who bring me to pause... Then if I have been able to restrain my reflexes I don't say what I should but I smile and take their CRAP!! Today I had just that kind of encounter with a parent who blamed me and her child's teacher for his problems.



As understanding as I can be, today was not the day to blame me for problems of a sstudent that had come from a detention center for his behavior and his law breaking ways.


This is dedicated to that parent: "Lady open your eyes and look at your son, he is not mine. It was not I who had to go and try to get him out of jail. I was not I who was embarrassed when your family found out about him and your failures as a parent. It was not me who had to take off from work to bring him back to school because of his disrespect towards his teachers and his disruptions in class that keep the teacher from teaching and the other students from learning. Oops, I'm sorry to imply that you actually have a job. I do understand that you don't have much time free for parenting with your trips to the "boats" in Vickburg and picking up yours and his "checks."Heavens forbid that you get a job to take you away from parenting your child.


As for all those things that you have said today, that I'm an "Uncle Tom", a racist and how I don't know who I'm messing with, about who you know and what you will do, please do what you think is "right" but please what is right because most of your decisions lately haven't been up to par.


I'd like to warn you though bigger and louder and more influential people have taken their shot at me and I'M STILL STANDING! So let me say with all due respect that you can "kiss me where it don't snow" and have a nice day :).

No comments: