Friday, October 3, 2008

Opportunity Knocks or Falls Out

WOW! as Jerry Clower would say "look for it."

Going to see my baby in B'Ham today and cut school to sleep and get ready. Decided to go ahead and get tires although i really didn't need them on the front. See I'm a cheap, Back a while I needed two tires so i went to a junk yard and got them for $80 bucks. Good tires, good deal but now I needed tow more so I decided to put 4 on since there was a sale. Sale was so much of a sale but got them anyway. The tire place is just up from the barber shop so I called "Candy" and she could see me to I walked down for a cut. Two birds with one rock, right? I had no idea. You see 2 days ago while taking I was showering and getting ready for work I discovered I was thinking hard about what i would be doing at word. Well, that's not a bad thing but while listening to the gospel music I suddenly said to my self, "self this is not the time for pining about work, let's worship!" So i began to sing along with the gospel tune and the day began as it should. I was able to share with some folk at work and yesterday one of those people came to me and said that she thought about what i HAD SAID AND SHE DID THAT FOR YESTERDAY! WOW!

OK, OK, anyway I go to get my hair cut. Cindy is a real cutie, sweetie blonde girl who does a great job and REMEMBERS MY NAME! I get there and she gets started and we are talking and she says she hasn't had breakfast and only ate her vitamins today. Then she says she doesn't feel good and you guessed it, she starts to pass out. So I take care of her. NOBODY ELSE DID A THING! NOT ONE OF HER CO-WORKERS EVEN MOVED! She felt better and wanted to continue and reluctantly I said OK. You guess it near passing out again and I put her in the chair to lean back. Time she agreed to just sit there and i took the bib off and walked over to the Walgreens and bought her some cookies and a muffin. Brought the stuff back and made her eat something. She was most grateful and i was prepared to go "as is". See i can cut my own hair, it's just Libby doesn't like it when I do. So she gets to feeling better and says "please let me finish, I only have a little to do and i feel better." So I let her. She did OK. I had to pay her with quarters! She didn't want for me to pay but the help and concern for her was free and special to me. She was most appreciative and said you're a good Daddy. NOW I'M NOT HER DADDY AND DON'T READ ANYTHING INTO THAT BUT THAT IS ONE GREAT COMPLEMENT.
I didn't know when I started out today that I would have the opportunity to be a servant of God, to show His love and caring for others.

I didn't know that there would be an "opportunity" but I was ready. I thank God today that for giving me the opportunity and letting me be aware of it.

GO GOD!

1 comment:

Katie Walden said...

You are a great daddy.