Friday, October 30, 2009

FAIR IS FAIR, RIGHT?

Seems to me that this world we live in has a slanted view of fairness.

Is it fair that the ugly girls don't get as many dates as the pretty cheer leader types? Well... ?

Is it fair that some folk are short and can't see over the crowds? Well... I'm 6'4".

Is it fair that some folk can sing like an angel and then there are those like me?

Is it fair that you were dropped on your head when you were a baby? Well ... it might explain a few things.

Kids today think that unless things are the way they believe they should be then "it's unfair." If one person gets a larger piece of cake than the only it's unfair. Unless you treat me with the respect you give others then you are being unfair. Unless you give me what you give others, despite me not working as long, as hard or as productive you are unfair.

I have one thing to tell those of the world that think things are unfair. There is no such thing as "fair." Nothing in this world is fair, but there is justice. I see things as just and deal with things that way. Keep in mind that there is a lot of injustice in the world.

No comments: