Friday, May 15, 2009

Take one for the team???


I have been asked to make a written apology to a woman I spoke to yesterday. My unprofessional behavior was handing her a form and sayinh "you can take this to your advocate." Now before you start turning cars over and starting fires let me explain. You can say ,"you can take this to your advocate" in response to another person saying " GIVE ME SOMETHING IN WRITING TO GIVE TO MY ADVOCATE!" repeatedly or you can say, "YOU CAN TAKE THIS TO YOUR ADVOCATE!" Now I prefer saying in response to a person asking over and over and over for something in writing to give to her advocate, "Here, You can take this to your advocate."


Now my point is when someone accuses you of doing something that you didn't do and someone else who feels they have authority over you think they are ABSOUTELY RIGHT and that someone dictates to you that you must write an apology to the person who feels you did something wrong admitting that you did something wrong that you know you didn't it is time to STAND UP STRAIGHT.


There are things in this world that are extremely important. Your character and your word are at the top. Loose one and the other is gone too. I refuse to give up either. The person making the accusations is an employee of the same district as I am but there is no slack there. The person that is making the demand for a written apology is, of course, from the same district as I too. the storng implication here is, "go on, write the apology, take one for the team, don't let the district suffer for something as small as this."


Well, it comes down to having character in you life and your word standing for more than ink on a piece of paper or taking one for the team. I choose character and my word.


After today I may be the former assistant principal at a certain alternative school, but I'll be the former assistant principal at a certain alternative school who has his charcter and whos word still stands for something.


I had a pastor friend who had a group of people giving he problems at our church. I went to him to encourage him. The only thing I said was, "I will stand with you." I said that because he was right in everything he was being accused of. He was scripturally sound and I knew no other person that had the ear of God any better.


Today I am standing alone, but I feel I'm not alone at all. "Greater is He that is in thee than he who is in the world."


We'll be right back after I see a man about a dog. :)


FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY, IT'S VIDEO FRIDAY!!!!!!

No comments: