Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What's next and does it really matter?
I find that one of the big problems that little people face is they are focused on "right now" and don't care about tomorrow. Seems that they do so many things that are for the moment with no thought of consequence.
Steal a lap top? Why? "I could sale it." For how much? "Don't know? What ever." Was it worth it? "No sir." I have conversations like this all the time.
I find that one of the big problems that big people face is they are focused on tomorrow and don't care about today. Not to long ago I found myself in a situation where all I could think about was tomorow and what I couldn't continue with, put up with, or live with.
Let me share a few pearls of wisdom with you all, like that was a lot of folk.
Oh yea, it's another list.
1. Dust waits. Don't be obsessed with the mind set that thins "gots" to be clear and organized all the time. Lighten up, clean it up, straighten up some times but don't miss out on some fun by spending time on the cleaning and straightening up of stuff.
2. There is nothing possible to make tomorrow come sooner or later than it will. So what is is. Live with it because you can't not live with it.
3. Be excited about the posibility of tomorrow. Good grief, you could find a penny on the ground tomorrow and it might be worth more than just 1 cent. You might meet your future husband or wife. Make a new friend who loves the same things you do. That wart might just far off on its own.
4. God is in control. No matter what happens good, bad or ugly, God is absolutely in control and determines your role in it all.
5. Don't worry about anything. SEE #4.
Whether you are focused on today or tomorrow, focus on what is good and remember ...
"God is God and you are not."
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD,... plans to give you hope and a future... you will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11,13

No comments: