Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You really want me to be a what!!

A wise man once told me "never put your foot down where it can't be picked up."

I met some very nice men last night who "presented me an invitation" to become a "deacon." Well, I was nice and didn't asked the questions that I kinda wanted to if for no other reason but to make my point. I figured that there are men that genuinely serve through the position of a deacon as well as the others. I felt that these guys were genuine, the real deal and that they loved the LORD and were serving Him as deacons.

Well, I'm really praying about it but right now I don't feel the calling of God to serve as a deacon. Maybe it's because I don't feel worthy or maybe it's carrying memories of the days when I had to stand up and say what needed to be said but didn't get the results I thought men of God would respond with. It's a sobering thought to see men that settle for second place when first place is within the grabbing.

I'll continue praying for the right answer about serving as a deacon, but for now I think I'll pray for the men that are committed to serving in the honorable position of deacon.

No comments: