Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DEACON UPDATE
OK, this is the way I see it. The office of deacon in the church is an honorable thing. there are many good men in the group. It is a genuine calling of God. For many men it might be the only opportunity to serve. Tonight I went to a deacon's meeting. It wasn't like some of the meeting I went to at the old church. It was not bad and yes they did talk about money. 

So I've made up my mine?............ Well, no. It would be easy to join this group because I know a lot of them and I do want to serve my LORD.  

I'm just going to have to continue to pray and seek God calling and if they can't wait then I will have to say no.

I do want to serve the LORD. I will serve the LORD but maybe not with this group. It is quiet an honor but then it's just an opportunity not a mandate. 

God wants those who will serve and that is a mandate. I want to be known as a "FAT" man for God. Faithful, Available,Trainable. 

Nothing wrong with that.

No comments: