Tuesday, June 2, 2009

GM, Bankrupt? or not?


OK, I'm not a Ford man. Chevy is for me, always has been always will be or will it. After a gift of BILLIONS General Motors is bankrupt? Good grief! Seems to me that maybe paying lawyers $1000.00 per hour didn't pay off. Yes, I said $1000.00 per hour! Come on folks bailout maybe but how about some guidelines as to how you spend my money.


Now who should I check with about this? Mr. Obama????? Can't blame this one on "Frank."
I have a friend who just moved from Detroit. He was telling me that that a rooms the size of gyms where auto workers go and just sit. The area is full of people who just sit there until someone gets sick and then they go to work on the line. These people get paid the same as any other workers but don't work. Is this where my money went or the cause of the need for my money. Don't take me wrong, I want these car makers to be strong businesses but the unions have just about but these businesses out of business.
Where did we go wrong? Honest day's work for an honest dollar, right?
Between the auto workers and all other workers who get a lot of salary and benefits "just because" and the others who don't work because the Government pays them to do nothing, the world is going in the "crapper" real fast.
That includes teachers also! $50,000 plus salary for a person that is so lazy they can't get their license renewed on time. Good Grief!

No comments: