Thursday, January 22, 2009

When in doubt, blame someone else.

I'm just trying to do my job. Been at it for 35 years now and I should write a book. There are principles and principals in education and then there are "parents." Now understand me, real parents were serious about kids before they were just an idea in their mind. Then there are "parents" that are on the wrong end of the... well they won't accept any responsibility for the development of a citizen that is not a drain on the tax paying good folk. At this point I want to make the point that Education is not day care or baby sitting. Educators are paid to educate not train a child to be obedient and courteous to those who have authority over them. So for all the true educators, not those who just pull a pay check, I'd like to say to all those people who talk down to teachers and principals like it is our fault your kids can't read or write when you don't check their homework, provide them proper materials, or behave like a mature adult in front of them. To you I want to say... "FORGET YOU!"

No comments: