Thursday, January 22, 2009

ON MISSION, SUFFERING FOR JESUS: T Minus one day

One Voice is a musical group that my sweet wife sing with. They were invited to a church that the group went to several years back when the Baptist convention planted a church. So we committed to go back to sorta celebrate the opening of the new buildings. I usually don't make trips with the group but I promised my sweetie that I would go this time. So I'm going to try and blog my way through this mission so you can relate. I'm also going to provide you with words of wisdom related to "traveling" and "missioning."

T-Minus one day: I have not packed one thing but I have thought about what I will take. of course that doesn't mean that my sweetie will allow me to take the stuff I pack and certainly means that I will be taking stuff I don't think I will need that my sweetie says, so nicely, you're not going to wear that! get this! I'm only 56 years old. I'm so glad that I have some one to help me choose my clothes. TRAVEL POINT ONE: ALL YOU REALLY NEED IS #1. 2 PAIRS OF UNDERWEAR (ONE FOR WEARING AND ONE TO CHANGE INTO WHILE YOU WASH THE OTHER), #2. ONE PAIR DRESS PANTS, #3. ONE PAIR OF OTHER PANTS (OTHER PANTS CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANT, AS LONG AS YOUR SWEETIE DOESN KNOW), #4 A BUTTON UP SHIRT (I suggest white cause it can be dress or casual), #5. 2 T-SHIRTS (UNDER SHIRTS), #6. A COUPLE OF "SHORTS" (* VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MAY PRESENT ITSELF (I suggest nylon gym short KINDA shorts, one of man's greatest inventions) #7. SMEAKERS, #8 ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES (you know the ones that are comfortable but folks go "hmmmmmmmmm those might be dress shoes"). Now as far as clothes you should be set. Of coourse most places will have a Wal-mart some place if you decide you need something. *Remember this does not include the stuff your sweetie pack without you knowing it. That's why you had to pay extra for your bagage.

Now the hard part is over as far as packing because you know the other stuff are for survival. Bic Lighter (if you crash on and island you'll need to be able to make fire without lookingl ike a fool who has never watched LOST), I-Pod, computer, Bible, cameras, batteries, books, SNACKS! (remember LOST) etc...

OK, maybe more later but for now... Oh I didn't tell you where I'll be suffering and please pray for me because it's a small group of islands in the Carebean. Some place called Grand Caymon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have been laughing my head off at your description of your packing requirements. I even read it aloud to some of my co-workers -who also laughed til it hurt.Have fun and tell Libby I said hello. It's been years since I have heard her sing - what a treat for those who will hear her on this trip. Carol