Wednesday, September 24, 2008

POWER POWER POWER

POWER POWER POWER.

Good grief, some folk just have to use their power. It chaps my "end" to be with someone that must exercise their power over others just to make themselves feel "BIG". Someone should tell those people that there's a difference in having power and in having authority. The "BOSS" may have the authority and the power but how they use the power makes a world of difference. Consider that guy that washed his hands of Jesus' death. Exercised his authority and power and as I see it gave into what the mob wanted.

Funny what the mob can do. Of course a mob is just a bunch of people that feel strongly about something. Right? Well, maybe. Of course a mob could be a group of folk that is made up of a bunch on small groups. One group is deadly serious about the "cause." Another group likes the cookies that are given out at the riot. Can't have a good riot without cookies. Another group is apart of the mob because they just go with the group because of the T-shirt. Might as well go along, ain't got nothing else to do.

That's it! We need to rise up as a mob and claim a cause which will force those of authority to give into us and use their power the way we want it used.

About this time you're wondering why does Big Bob know so much about mobs. Well, I am a "Mob Of One." I do have some passions in my life. One of them is knocking off people who misuse their power because they have authority. Good grief folk! Let's all get together and create a bunch of "Mobs Of One" to take back the world from those use use their power in the wrong way and get away with it because they have the authority! We'll call it "The Mobs Of One To Take Back The World."

I remember this old old movie where this radio guy is hacked off about being mistreated and takes his message to the world over the air waves. He tells everyone to go to their windows and open them, roll down the windows on their cars and declare to the world " I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more." Pretty neat huh?

Well, this is what I'm going to do.

Mission #1: I'm going to get up from my desk and walk out into my school and walk into any class room I want, I can do that because I have the authority and power, and I'm going to declare that someone cares! that's it just that someone cares. Then I'm going to find one person in the entire building that need something and do it for them because I have the power and authority to do that! Back in a few minutes.

OK, mission accomplished. I took my "MOB OF ONE" out like I said and success and surprise. Success in that I went into 4 rooms and didn't even ask! Encouraged the students one at a time. Some got only a pat on the back. Then I put somethings on a board for one teacher and then hung a painting up for another. NOBODY HAD TO ASK I JUST DID IT! Why? Because I am a "MOB OF ONE" and I have the authority. It was good. The surprise, I got real genuine smiles from kids. These kids are put here because they are thrown out of their regular school, so they are challenged. I GOT SMILES!!! Made me feel Gooooooooood! Of course there was another surprise. Some folk, who also have authority and power in these rooms felt different. It's kinda like having a case of the runs and not sure about that "feeling". I guess because someone else has misused their power towards them that any time someone else that has power and authority is around it makes them have that "run" feeling. I don't know.

Mission Two: I'm going out and find three teaches and make them feel good about what they are doing. Some way some how. Back in a few minutes.

Mission accomplished. WOW! WOW! WOW! These four teachers were "Gomered" (sorry, "Gomered" is a term that refers to Gomer Pyle from Andy Griffith fame. one of his saying was "Surprise Surprise Surprise!"). I'm sure their day will go well now. They needed what i gave them and no "runs" with them.

Power Power Power is RIGHT. We have the power to make someone else more than they are and that is a good thing.

One other thing, Jesus was "on trial" (yea right) when he tells a learned man of power and authority that "you have only what my father has given you." We have only what our God has given to us and as he tells us faithful with a little and you will have charge over large.

I say "GO FOR IT!"

2 comments:

Katie Walden said...

It's good to be your daughter.

Bethany said...

Amen to what Katie said!!!! Everybody asks where I get my devo's from and I say my Mississippi Dad. So I think that I qualify for the "about me" section on your profile. I mean if Randi can be on there..... :)