Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BEING INSPIRED

Seems that today everyone has an opinion about everything and I'm no different. It's that others have the right to be wrong if they desire.

I'm inspired by my wonderful successful daughter Katie, who is a wonderful writer. I tend to lean towards the common man or woman aproach to stuff. I use that word "stuff" a lot because it covers so much stuff. See? She has inspired me to share my thoughts with a "blog." until recent times i thought a blog was something that was in a science fiction movie. I'm a science fiction type person.

Today's stuff is being a spiritual smart ass. I've found that there are alot of poeple who are "spiritual smart asses." Now less define that term before some one gets up set with the vulgarity of the words. I've met a lot of smart asses in my life. Why heck I've even been one a few times, well maybe more than a few. Ok many more than a few times. A smart ass is a person who chooses to take on a frame of mind that is contrary to the majority of those around them as if their position was more important and their mission in life is more important than that of others so their words truly affect the world's turning. Well, that's some people's idea of a smart ass but I take a more common approach to explain these people.

First you have "smart", now that is clear an intelectual term. (by the way spelling does not count as to the validity a "blog". Walden's Law.) Intellectually smart is not a term that means you are smarter than everyone, but means you know something about what you are speaking about. Now that only makes sense, right. Right but consider the degree of "smartness" one might have when it applies your opinion. Now there are a couple of different "smartnesses". There the smartness by experience, the smartness by "book learning", the smartness of expressing what someone else has expressed because it sounded "smart", the smartness of making up something for the sake of conversation and a whole bunch more smartnesses. The most important smartness is the one that is based on absolute truth. I don't know about you but I know only one absolute truth and that is the Bible. Yep, the B-- I-- B-- L-- E that's the book for me. God book, the word of God, the life manual.

Now that brings us to the second part of the definition of "smart ass." ASS- well, that is the south end of a north bound mule, the last part that went over the fence, the smelly end of the clean dog, the end of a baby that leaks the stinky stuff.

Now that we have made that clear lets get to the meat of the "spiritual smart ass." The term spiritual implies an experience with religion. You no, religion, man's way to God. An experience like a spiritual journey, the journey to discover yourself and your spiritual side. Never been on one of those myself but I've heard of folk that have. I always figured they would be to expensive for me and I'm usually to busy doing other stuff (there's that word again).

Now you're asking what does the fat boy mean by all this. Well, it is in my opinion that there are a lot of spiritual smart asses in this world. They are those people that make their religion convinent for them. Instead of their lives being an inspiration because of their religion, they are "a lie" about their way of life. These folk tend to whip out the "religion card" to make things convenent for themselves, to make someone else feel that they are "holy", that they deserve to be treated different than another person. Statements that you might hear from a "spiritual smart ass" are "I thought you were a Christian", "you have a blessed day", "I've been praying about that", "what would Jesus do?" or "let's take up a collection to help with that." Opps confused some folk right there I'm sure. Ok, you got me. Some of those statements are something that all spiritual smart asses would say but they may be an indicator of something else. The Spiritual Smart Person!

The Spiritual Smart person is nearly the oposite of a spiritual smart ass. Their statements and lives are evidence of an encouter with the LORD Jesus Christ and an absortion of absolute truth from the Holy Spirit of God and the true WORD of God. Being a Christian is not a religion, but it is a personal relationship with the LORD Jesus. It affects everything you do, everything about your life is affected by Him and his WORD. All of your opinions, your conversations, are based on your spiritual smartness and that is a result from a daily walk with Jesus.

I feel sorry for those who are spiritual smart asses. They just don't get it! They've got to get the proper perspective of those things they have such strong opinions on like "race", "doing the job because your said you would", "loving the unlovely", "helping those who really need help." Good grief!

No comments: