Tuesday, September 23, 2008

David Platt

David Platt, fine young man, learned young man with tremendous knowledge of the WORD of God, pastor of the Church Of Brookhills. does a wonderful job. This guy is focused on the LORD in a way I've never seen.

Recently i listened to one of his Sunday sermons (http://www.brookhills.org/media/page_audio_chrono_2008.htm )and was extremely confused about some statements he made. the statement went like this, " if you are not feeding the hungry and clothing the naked then you ... are ...going...to hell." WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

That might be clear to you but I'm a little slow. You see it's not that i don''t understand the statement it's that i don't understand the statement considering what i have lived by since 1967. Seems to me that Christ death on the cross is enough. If not then what else?

Now I'm not talking about having all that Christ has for us, the abundant life promised in John 10:10, the fruits or results of being controlled by the Holy Spirit in Galatians 5. I'm talking about being saved by grace and that not of ourselves for it is a gift of God that no man should boast.

Fear not I am confident that David will clear this up for me. i have e-mailed him and i'm continuing to listen to the sermon series. When he does I'll pass it on to you. If he doesn't then either Stan, Ron, Ronnie, Chris,or Mark will clear it up and I'll pass it on then.

No comments: