Friday, September 26, 2008

Get what you want! Please!

Get what you want. PLEASE!
I'm the kind of person who can really rejoice when others "get what they want."
I really don't care what they want as long as it doesn't hurt any one or take something of mine or of my folks stuff. BUT... when your wanting gets in my way, GET OUT OF MY WAY! SOME FOLK JUST TALK TALK ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT AND NEVER DO ANYTING ABOUT IT.
Want a million dollars??? I will tell you how to get it... wait for it... here it comes... ok... PINE CONE. That's right PIN CONES! Nobody is going to throw fit if youtake the pine cones from some wooded area. Heck, you can go to most any park and pick up pine cones. the only thing that will happen is some one may ask you if you are nuts aor part squrreil. Now after you have a million pine cones, walk door to door sales each one for $1.00. TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are ways to get anything you want.
Now, of course, we must consider what you want. It make be a new car or a new job, or simply "peace". Does it really matter?
YES IT DOES! Some times folk want stuff because others got it and they want what others got so they will be "equal'" some how or better. Ever heard of the 10 commandments. I mean the ones God gave to Moses, not the ones that are all over the internet. The "Dating 10 Commandments"!? PLEASE! who thinks up that stuff. A Bogger I guess, OPPS.
There are others who want stuff because of their need for money, cash, green, moola. Now that's a real want if you ask me, but it brings up another question, what do you need the money for. If you are willing to give up peace and security to get money to buy a new car when you have one or buy a boat that will sit in your yard or a four wheeler that you can only use on the weekend cause you bes busy during the making money or a country club membership. Good Grief! Then you had better have a good friend that will slap you to bring you back into reality.
Those kinda things are not desires of the "heart" but are wants of the mind. God says he'll give us the desires of our hearts. My problem is that I don't know what the desire of my heart is.
After you get what you want did it ever feel like "that's not what I wanted." OK, this is a good point to make. Desires of the heart are God given because those things will bring you God's peace and purpose. You never get it all. Those things are what God can use through you to do the most for others and make you what He wants you to be.
Now I do have a bunch of points but this one really sums it up. If you honor God he will honor you. If you want something then get it or not. GOOD GRIEF! Live life to the fullest. Be of sound mind though and don't do stupid stuff like borrowing big amounts of money to get something stupid you really didn't want and sure didn't need.
I share this with you. I have a problem with money. I have a hard time spending it. You can give it to me and I'll can carry it around with me but it's hard to spend it. I gots the dough but can't make the bread. Ha! Folks even give me stuff that I really didn't need but kinda wanted but I'll feel bad that they spent money on me. How stupid is that, pretty sad huh.
Any way this is a list of things I have wanted:
1. A Motorcycle. I mean a Harley that is loud and looks "bad."
2. An I-Pod.
3. My own computer.
4. Big stereo TV.
5. A boat for fishing.
6. A Walker 44 cal pistol.
7. A Rolex diver's watch.
8. A jeep.
This is what I got.
1. A 1982 Honda CB650 Night Hark. Not a Harley but a good bike, cheap. I have questioned myself about purchasing it because I probably could have used the money for my family, maybe.
2. Got an I-Touch! Came with my computer. After I got it I realized that it was MORE than what I really wanted, although it is nice.
3. Got my own computer now. It is nice! but when I really wanted the computer I got my son-in-law's old one and was satisfied with it.
4. Got a big screen TV with amp and speakers now. Great sound but when I really wanted it I got an old radio shack amp and just made the TV we had LOUD.
5. Had a boat but sold it. It was in the way and my Dad needed the money.
6. No pistol... probably would have shot myself with it if I had it. Although I do still want it.
7. Got a Seiko dive watch. Very nice. Got the money for that when a medical company gave me some money.
8. Jeep, well, with my knees and other old parts, Jeep might not be the best idea, but nobody said that that what you wanted had to be a conditional thing.
It is a funny thing how I ended up getting what I really wanted or not. I'm at the point now that I can get what I want. Let me share some other stuff that I wanted and got.
1. A wonderful, beautiful, God loving, happy wife. My wife gets what she needs and wants. She is safe and always has me to fix, do and support.
2. Two wonderful daughters. Anna (#1) did not have to want for college, car, science fair project, anything. I supported her and provided for her. She was safe and got all she needed and most of what she wanted. Katie (#2) did not have to want for college, car, science fair project, anything. Even after college she was safe and never had to worry about ends meeting. I'm always available to provide, fix and support.
3. A wonderful son-in-law. I have not made much sacrifice for My Boy Ross but opening my home and heart to him with unconditional love and support. I'm for him, fixing, supporting and fighting for him.
4. A beautiful house. WOW! The house Libby always wanted. For me it doesn't take much but it is special to live in a beautiful house. I owe that to her doing and God giving.
5. A special grandson. That boy can have all my time. I'll always be there when I'm needed for him.
Ok I know what you're thinking, "that's not stuff he got." Maybe not but it was what I wanted and it didn't make any differnce that I had to work three jobs or not get what I "wanted" or didn't have an "up town job." It certainly didn't mater that some folk didn't understand what was important to me or didn't understand why "things" like $60 football tickets weren't important to me.
I really do want others to get what they want but I do really want them to get what they really really really want and that they look with the eyes of Christ to see those things. What you really want but the patience to get wait for it. As for me, I still don't know what the desire of my heart is unless ... maybe "others."
In the mean time LIVE LIVE LIVE.
And as Dolly would sing...
"I HOPE YOU DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNCE!"

No comments: