Friday, August 20, 2010

Frustrated? #%@$#&!

Seems as I look back on my life that it's filled with frustration and and being dumped on. Well, I guess it really depends on where I am standing when you are looking back that makes the difference. It's that old "half full or half empty glass" thing. In my Christian walk it depends on whether I'm up to the challenge or not. Key word there being "I."

It wasn't till I got to college that I discovered that the Christian life is impossible to live and my frustrations were because I was fighting to live it on my own. Impossible, yes, because only one person has ever lived the Christian life, Billy Graham. No not Billy, it was Jesus. That is because he is God. Sinless God. The sadness, frustration, and depression in my life all were centered in my failure to grow and learn and apply what was available to me because of the same sacrifice that brought me eternal life in Christ. The book of Galatians talks of the fruits (results) of the Holy Spirit of God, but even those results are only evident when we are dependant on the totality of God.

The Christian like life is hard to live. "THAT'S DA FACT JACK!"

Time for a list. These are things that are certain in the Christian pursuit of the abundant life:
1. God loves you and has a plan for us all. Special UNIQUE plan for us individually.

2. God will get glory in all He does in our lives and through our lives.

3. Satan does not want you to follow Christ therefore he will do everything he can to frustrate you and derail you in your path to glorify the father. Satan will attack you in every area of your life especially your family (loved ones), your body (physically), and emotions (love, hate, etc...)

4. This too shall pass.

Let me share with you a short note that I read today that really is "uping".

BY THE WAY I'M INVENTING A NEW WORD! IT IS THE WORD "UPING". No it doesn't have two "Ps". It is spelled 'U' 'P' 'I' 'N' 'G'. Defined as something worth mentioning that bring your spirit up from where ever it has been. As in the sentence: I was feeling down because my bank account was short my needs till I was remind that God still loves me by reading an article that was "UPING".

If God Really Loves Me...Then Why Do I Suffer?
The worse this planet becomes, the more people ask that same old question... "If God Really Loves Me...Then Why Do I Suffer?" It's the basis for all kinds of attacks against the God of the Bible and His teachings. It's even used to attack the evidence of His existence and the legitimacy of the Christian faith. The response typically given to "Do You Believe in God?," is almost always the same. If there is a God and he loves me then he wouldn't do that, he wouldn't cause this, he wouldn't allow this to happen, and on it goes. Is there a purpose in my suffering? Is God truly Sovereign? Is there a purpose in all things, even my death or someone else's? Why do these things happen to me!?

"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."(Psalm 119:50)
You might not get it but for me the answers were pretty uping, yes? Of course yes!

No comments: