Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where's the Jesus I once knew?

I've yet to find the Christmas spirit that I usually see this time of year> seems to me that something has happened. of course being held hostage in my office by a bunch of alternative school kids, I don't get much chance to bump shoulders with a lot of free folks. Just seems that this year is different. Is it the economy? The war? The election? Maybe it's everything. Seems that we, Christians, grow cold to the possibilities of what God has for us and the privileges offered to us as believers. Makes me sad to think that my family and good friends won't have all God has for them when life here is over. Also makes me sad to think that I might be a source that would keep them from those things. Easy for all to get caught up in lights, paper and cash flow of the "Xmas Season." Where's the Jesus I once knew? He is right where He was when His Spirit pulled at I my life the first time. He is right where He was when I first experience that special Spirit filled feeling at a retreat. I now know what the desire of my heart is. To know Christ in His fullness every minute of every day. Right where He is... in my heart. I desire to feel Him presence 24/7. I want to get it all. God will you help me with my desire and maybe share it with those around me. amen

No comments: