Thursday, December 4, 2008

No Pay No PLay?!?!?!?!?

Ok, first let me say I have been busy so I haven't been able to trill you with an entry, but it's not that a lot of people read my blog any way. I promise to do better but I also promise that I will get my Katie to show me how to make paragraphs and add pretty pictures and such so it may be a little more entertaining.

Tommy Tuberville, good grief! Let's consider... Tommy Tuberville was hired in 1999 and finished his Auburn career with a 85-40 record. His 85 wins are the fourth-most all-time among Auburn coaches and his nine seasons are tied for the fourth-most among Auburn coaches. Now I might question Tom's character and morals a little but as coaching success, PAH-LEASE !!!!!!!!! This has got to be a sign of the end of days because the game so close to my heart is becoming something that is a money making business from Satan. Consider Sylvester Croom... (OK, I'm fixing to turn loose so ask the little children leave the room) GOOD GRIEF! I don't care what race he is, where he went to school, what God he worships, or what kind of dog he has, the man is a GOOD MAN OF HIGH CHARACTER AND GREAT MORALS. Heavens forbid that we subject our young men to a man like that. Do we want them to turn out to be men of character, good citizens or do we care if they become a drain on the nation by fathering a bunch of kids, stealing, shooting, and not working. Not a hard decision for me. WE WANT "Ws" AND AN EGG BOWL TROPHY. Isn't it enough that a University can have a solid program that turns out young men with a full education and a promising future, which of course we will hear very little about, instead of those young men being on ESPN, we're going to hear about who shot themselves in the leg with a gun that they shouldn't have had in the first place. (Maybe they have poor aim?) Don't get me started about The Big Orange Volunteers. No matter who you were whenever you went to play the Vols you always had in the back of the mind that you were about to get the hell beat out of them. Well, let's not just look at what "mind farting" is gong on about coaching legends, let's consider where our real "heart" is. Out of respect for Sly and "the Orange" man I will leave them alone, but let us consider that Tuberville's contract was extended through 2013 and was worth $3.3 million annually. It also included a $6 million buyout if he was fired after this season. Well, even if it was cut down a little bet considering "time served" to $5,100,000 GOOD GRIEF! LET US CONSIDER A HIGHER CALLING TO THE STEWARDSHIP OF THE "AUBURN FAITHFUL". Consider the very large number of people who are dying in Africa from Cholera. One major factor contributing to this high number is the lack of "FRESH WATER". The non-profit organization 100Wells says that it takes $5,000 to place a producing fresh water well in strategic locations in an Africa nation. OK TOMMY, $1,00,000, less than 25% of you buy out equals 200 fresh water wells which would lead to saving hundred if not thousands of lives! HOW ABOUT IT TOMMY OR MAYBE I SHOULD BE SAYING HOW ABOUT IT "AUBURN FAITHFUL." The south being as it is in the "Bible belt" consider that our God is worthy of our offerings, our pledges, and our sacrifices to save the lost and meet the needs of all peoples of the world. Oh God, forgive us for replacing your missions for us with trivial things like college football. Forgive us for replacing our desire to serve a sovereign God with the desire to guarantee a number of football wins. "If my people will turn from their stupid misguided ways and begin to put their money where their heart should be then I will take care of them." WALDEN PARAPHRASE.

No comments: