Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Say No Once... it will make a difference.

I hate it when people ask me to donate to their cause or buy something for their kids fund raiser, I HATE IT. OK, I feel a little guilty but it really adds up when you have 30 plus staff members and they all have kids or grand kid. II really hate it when the boss ask you for something. It's like they really say, "I'm the boss so come up with the cash." More that a few years ago I decided to say NO and let folk talk about me and talk about me they did, like a "dawg." It was like I had an abundance of money to give away. I made a pledge that I would not ask them for any money if they did not ask me. The word kinda gets out and you don't have the constant digging at you. I'd say "just say NO to fund raisers." Most people respect that. OK, I know what you are saying and no I don't have my first penny, but I will go to the trouble to pick one up. God has blessed me with great abundance and allows me to help finance a lot of causes. See Libby, the most wonderful wife on earth, and I tithe our funds to our church with the trust that those funds go to the right things. Based on what our church does for many, it is money well spent. We don't have to give to the church but we do because we feel it is right. The church is God's organization. If we didn't tithe we wouldn't go to hell or something like that but we tithe because Christ loves us and we honor that love with our giving. We don't boast about our giving but we have given more every year we have been married that the year before. That's with two daughters to take care and send to college too. Why if we didn't tithe I'd have a boat, a big motorcycle, a recumbent trike, and a bunch of other stuff. We give and the amount is not important. What lives in our heart governs what we spend our money on or where we spend our time or... i think you get the idea. Any way I don't put a lot into fund raisers but I do put a lot of what God provides into other sources. That's how they provides for a lot of people.

No comments: