Monday, August 15, 2011

Something Holy Smells II

As I promised I am back to comment on the situation that I see continuing at FBCJ.

Yesterday Dr. Buckley preached his final sermon as "pastor " of First Baptist Church of Jackson Mississippi. Personally I found it to be an above level sermon from Stan. I would really say that about 69% of it was an outstanding message of Faith and Action.

As promised at his resignation Dr. Buckley stated his reasoning for resigning from FBCJ. Impulsive decisions and not bringing enough people along on some major actions were two of these reasons, but I have major concerns that a majority of those in attendance missed his real reason.

Stan came to one of those points in his life that Henry Blackaby says are the turning points when we encounter God and make a life altering decision causing us to step out on faith and to exercise, prove that faith by action. Stan was confronted with the old "two paths in the woods, one less traveled" thing. Stan's confrontation with God was a win win thing, as always, where God gave Stan a new direction requiring faith as will as action.

Of course the process for FBCJ was a rocky, to say the less, process and I don't accept that Stan realized the difficulty of the process. Here are the facts as I see them: (that's right in a list!)
1. NO vote taken in any meeting but one was ever united as one related to the "package" given Stan. The only one would have been, that being from the special projects committee.
2. FBCJ will be forced to raise it's budget for the next church year by more that $100,00 and greater if they are to treat the current staff properly and meet the obligation for Stan's packet..
3.The "Special Project" committee made a decision and it was a done deal.
4.Roberts Rules of Order are no where in the Bible.

I perhaps may rant about this topic at another time but I'm cutting this short because I would just like for it to be over.

When I left the FBCJ sanctuary yesterday I was hurting. Hurting because of the way a few people were treated openly. We should have been more kindly. Hurting because I saw the "organization" and "politics" of the big church more clearly than ever in my life. There is a large strain on my faith in the "organization" of the FBCJ because of the absence of openness from the leadership. I personally sent 9 e-mails asking questions of the "leadership" but got not returns. NOT ONE!

POLITICS! Oh LORD why do we have to feel the political thing in God's house of I've got power so listen to me so don't think for yourself. I'm a doctor, lawyer, or banker so you should take me more serious that others.

LORD rescue us from ourselves.

The bottom line is this (of course in list form):
1. Stan Buckley is no longer the pastor at FBCJ.
2. There are somethings that are in need of repair at FBCJ. Beginning with LEADERSHIP.
3. MOST OF ALL, GOD IS IN CONTROL!

No comments: