Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shane rides off...

I love that song "Happy Trails." You know it, "happy trails to youuuuuuu, keep smiling until thennnnnnn, happy trails to youuuuuuuuuuuu till we meeeeeet aaaaagain." Gen Autrey, the famous singing cowboy would sing it at the end of his show each week. Long time ago... it was only 30 minutes long, but what a 30 minutes it was.

I really liked those old westerns. It was easy to tell who the bad guys were and the women, well they knew there place. Now I don't mean that bad but in those times it was unusual to see a women in a role as a "BOSS" of the trail ride or other stuff. Ok, maybe running the salon, but then only if she could sing. I mean things were spelled out. You knew what to expect from everybody and you knew in the end Gene would be singing Happy Trails.

Where has our society gone wrong! Let me answer that with one word. EVERYWHERE! I personally believe it has to do with the switch on the man and woman roles in life.

I could not live without my Libby but I have not given up the role that I was brought up with of being the provider and protector and i could never give that role up. It would be like "demaning" yourself to give up that role.

Good grief, got off Happy Trails didn't I?

Any way, things for me have changed from the Gene Autrey show way of life. It may be time to sing the song for the last time. When what you are or what you have been for so long is taken from you have to face it that it is time to find a new role in life.

So we'll see. If would be mindful of my "search for significance" i would greatly appreciate it.

No comments: