Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SALUTE!
Salute to those that make a difference!
Today I salute Ms. Payne, my 11th grade English teacher. Wonderful lady who care for me and every other student she ever had. She always started class with her own style commentary of something happening around "us." Once she talked about Janis Joplin, a very cool singer from my "day." One of my favorites noted for her profanity and filthy mouth, but a groovy singer. Ms. Payne always place an importance on reading and had a regular monthly sale of books that she would order. It was encouraging to me to hear her say something good about me buying books. I think she thought I was actually reading them. Well, I actually was trying to read but I was having problems with reading. Through my coach, Coach Bob Stevens, and Ms. Payne i had some tests made and discovered that one of my eyes was a little screwy. One eye was looking at the line I was reading while the other was about half a line down, therefore making it difficult to concentrate and made me feel like a dog on a summer afternoon looking for the shade tree to nap under. It it hadn't been for Ms. Payne I might never had found the love I have for reading and did as well as I did in high school and went on to be the only person in my family to go to college.
Ms. Payne is one of those rare teachers that make you more than you are because she believes you are and helps you believe you are.
I love Ms. Payne. Thank you Ms. Payne.
SALUTE!!! TO MS. PAYNE.

No comments: