Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hey Pop!
Today I wanted to say something about my Pop. The thought came to my mind after hearing a staff member talking about his mother not "knowing she is in the world." My Pop never lost his mind. He always knew who I was, even to the day before the night he died. I've begun to see the image of my Pop when i look in the mirror. I think it is suppose to be that way, but it is a little spooky. I had a good dad although there were things I wish he had done differently. OK, maybe a lot of things, some I won't mention, but maybe one of the top things I wish he would have done differently would be talking to me. Not just talking to me but talking TO, with, me. I guess my Pop said more in what he did than what he said. He wasn't very educated and his opinions were in concrete. I wish my Pop had told me more about his growing up and my grandfather. My Pop never said "I love you boy" much but I never doubted it.
I love my Pop but I'd really enjoyed talking to him more.

No comments: