Friday, August 28, 2009

Make an impact, do something big, make a difference, leave a mark.

I've heard these short statements all my life. Some have been in an effort to motivate me to be more than I was or something I wasn't. Of course you hear them as a lead in to some written story of article.
Let me think... da... Just what does it mean to "Make an Impact."
To do something that leaves a mark that is recognizable by others because of your efforts. Not bad.
Let me think... da... Just what does it mean to "Do Something Big."
To do something in a bigger way than some one else has done... naaaa.
To do something that will have a bigger effect of others because of the effort you put in. OK.
Let me think... da... Just what does it mean to "Make A Difference."
To change something from what it was to something difference but
better.
Let me think... da... Just what does it mean to "Leave A Mark."
To sign your name... naaaa. To leave evidence of your efforts in a positive way.
OK, OK, what is really being said. There are some folk that are simply living. There's not much difference in them and a tree, others live to live, and still others live to survive. BUT there are those who live to give because another has given. Christian folk are like this or most are. They want their time to make a difference, have an impact, do something big, or leave a mark.
The challenge is to simply "LIVE" with a few simple things in mind:
1. God loves you and makes a difference in your life by doing something big by leaving His mark on you.
2. God will supply all your needs.
3. You can do anything with God's help.
4. Nothing you do for God is wrong.
5. God gave you a sound mind.
6. In this world you will tribulation.
I figure it this way. If you want to have an impact, make a difference, do something big, or leave your mark, seek Him and you will find Him. Acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.



No comments: