Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Give the man a break!

Give the man a break after all he is the first black president!

You can't go anywhere without hearing someone talk about Obama this or that. OK, I think we need health care reform and the economy is in the pit and needs a big boost, but I'm not sure about some of the things I hear. I mean the man can't do all this stuff on his own, right? Yes right.

In my recent travels of the world, New York, I discovered that the USA has no shame when it comes to profiting for others success. Turned on the TV and what do I see, an advertisement for a Obama-chia! That's right folks the same folk that brought you the "chia Homer Simpson" now brings you the "Obama-chia." the grass grow right out of his head! Good grief! Can you imagine what the poor man's children do when some kid at school says they have an "Obama-chia" at home? I don't know maybe the Obamas will give the teachers an "Obama-chia" for "winter holiday" gifts.


If that wasn't enough at Time Square there were people selling "Obama condoms"! NO LIE! i BETTER NOT COMMENT ON THAT ONE!


Anyway, I got this today and thought since we're talking about how someone takes advantage of another person, this might be interesting to see and read. I won't take credit for this.


I am stunned that the official White House Blog publishing this picture that it is in the public domain.

The body language is most revealing.

Sergeant Crowley, the sole class act in this trio, helps the handicapped Professor Gates, who was arrested by Crowley, down the stairs, while, heedless of the infirmities of his friend and fellow victim of self-defined racial profiling, strides ahead on his own. So who is compassionate? And who is so self-involved and arrogant that he is oblivious?

In my own dealings with the wealthy and powerful, I have always found that the way to quickly capture the moral essence of a person is to watch how they treat those who are less powerful. Do they understand that the others are also human beings with feelings? Especially when they think nobody is looking.

As some AT commentators point out, this picture becomes a metaphor for ObamaCare. The elderly are left in the back, with only the kindness of the Crowleys of the world, the stand up guys, to depend on. The government has other priorities while the public fears the indifference of powerful bureaucrats ruling their lives.

This image captures something that older Americans in particular can relate to: the President presses ahead with a program that will tell them to take painkillers instead of getting that artificial hip they so badly need.
WELL, I GUESS IT IS TRUE, YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH SPEAK FREELY CAUSE OF THAT CONSTITUTION THING.









No comments: