Friday, May 20, 2011

Home coming or going?

My Dad would be proud but would not have gone with me for attend the latest "Gaither Homecoming" concert. My Dad was anti-social to the point I almost didn't recover. My wonderful wife had bought tickets without, of course, my knowing so it was a clear sign that she had big wants of going.

I was not very joyful in going because i have have one of those days for about 3 weeks now and after an hour workout at "Cardio Rehab" I was big tired and my legs hurt big time. Now these tickets weren't cheap, I think $30.00 each. I expected to be able to see the performers and not have my butt go to sleep of a folding chair.

Folks, I was sitting in the next to last row in the very top of FBCJ in a folding chair that I wasn't very confident in at all. I could look straight out and see the chandeliers, straight out. If I stood up I had to look around it to see the stage. Oh yea the stage. I know it was there because I'm familiar with the very large room but, the performers were the size of my class ring. If it had not been for the large screens I couldn't have told who was singing or what.

The place was full full full and very gray or silver how ever you see it. I don't think there was any "Non-believing" type people but there had to be all denominations of believers there in great numbers. I'm sure that if a fight had broke out the baptist would have won. Now one of the highlights of the evening was when the "little lights" can out. Evidently the Gaither bunch" had given out "little light key chain things" to the first few thousand people that arrived of course at least an hour before the 45 minutes early that i got there. Through out the night these few thousand people would press these "little lights" and wave them as if they were at a rock concert. Remember me saying things were very gray, well it was most entertaining to see the waving of these lights. No rhythm no unity just a little wave here a little wave there here a wave there a wave everywhere a wave. GOOD GRIEF! I thought everybody had seen the Montley Crew rock concert light wave! It was about the one and a half hour point that I, one of the few realized the the "little light" was not for waving but to help silver headed believers "press and see" the steps to the bathrooms! OMG!!! On this night FBCJ could have made enough money from pay toilets to build 137 houses in Haiti.

Now When the concert was beginning to start I wasn't surprised that the commerials began, but when they continued for the first little while I was a little disappointed especially when Bill pitched the "Gaither magazine.". Clearly these folk planned to make a large amount of money from sales of "stuff". Well, that's OK because that's what most concerts are all amount, but THERE WERE NADA, NONE, ZERO T-SHIRTS SAYING I WENT TO THE GAITHER HOMECOMING AND GOT THIS T-SHIRT.

Now the Music was wonderful!!! What a blessing! If you get the opportunity to attend a Gaither concert you SHOULD take it because you won't be disappointed.

Of course I have to present the "Gaither Homecoming" list:
1. "Little lights" were a hoot for me. The waving of the lights was kinda like a bunch of ADHD students in a room filled with colored lights.
2. Mark Lawry (sorry, don't know the spelling) is a hoot. The comedy is so predictable but it is comedy. DUDE CAN SING! I'm a new fan.
3. Michael English?? yes that Michael English still has a GOD blessed voice. I got he feeling he was seeking forgiveness from every one for his screw up. OPPS! He was my guy at one time was "MY MAN". Had some of the greatest song out there and a blessed voice. He think he should have climbed to the next to the last row and said he was sorry for letting me down, especially at the Dove Awards.
4. My girl enjoys that singing stuff. Of course it is her special gift and she is good at it but it's more than just that. I think God uses voices to speak to the soul. So God was speaking to my girl last night. I was almost sorry she had to be with me.

Closing I would say that I love that southern gospel music. That's a big hint K-LOVE!

No comments: