Monday, July 6, 2009

LET'S CATCH UP.

Well allow me to catch you up on a few things I've been involved with and of course that means another list.

1. I have decided to accept the invitation to become a deacon at First Baptist Church of Jackson. It was  a difficult decision but thanks to a lot of friends and prayers I believe God said yes. I really figure that I'm going to serve any way because I love the LORD and desire to serve and being a deacon might allow me some opportunities that I might not have other wise. Anyway there is no position that will keep me from doing what I feel God wants me to do.

2. I have this wonderful friend from high school who gave up her real life in California to come home and take care of her mom. Quiet a testimony for a person, any person. Any way her mother just died. Wonderful answers to prayer. Peace for a suffering lady and peace for her little girl who had become the parent for the parent.

3. Football has played a major role in my life. Playing ball has allowed me become what I am today. Not many people get the chance to play ball in front of thousands of people. I have played with some wonderful guys and developed some friendships that will last forever. The men that coached me also played a major role in me forming the character that i have today. One of those men was Coach Bob Stevens. Best Coach I've ever had. The man took 18 players in 1967 and had a winning season. 18! Coach Stevens got a lot of guys scholarships to play ball in college. Many of those guys wouldn't have gone to school if it hadn't been for Coach Stevens. Coach Stevens died last Friday. Thanks Coach, you get a lot of credit  for what ever I am and what ever I will ever accomplish will be because of your care and dedication for young men.

4. Built another Pergola! That makes three and I learn some new each time. If I keep this up I might get it right.

5. I'm learning a lot this summer from efforts to live the life God has for me. Expect more stuff from me about that.

6. Going to New York City! I've been invited to go with a mission group from FBCJ. Now I'm not much of a traveler but God has impressed on me that I need to go places and do things. I'll have the opportunity to preach at a homeless shelter! It will be a challenge for me but it will great to speak for the LORD.

Anyway, the summer is going great. The only thing is the heat!! Good grief!!! I drink lots but it doesn't help much. it makes you want to sit on the couch and eat ice cream all day. I LOVE ICE CREAM! but never have it.

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM.

No comments: