Thursday, December 15, 2011

MIrror Mirror

Say what!
I have the opportunity to share what God has taught me aomewhat frequently. I mean someone will say something about their "problem" God's Spirit usually gives me something to say. Most of the time I get the feeling what I'm saying to them is what I should be saying to myself. Looking in the mirror as such and seeing what is "right".

Why is it that we always seem to have an answers to others problems but never listen to what we say to them or apply what we already know to be the truth.

Today I spoke with a man who said he was "opening up to a change in his life and was praying for God to show him the direction to go."  "so what do you think?"  I hesitated to say what's the hold up aand fought the feeling to say he should stop waiting on the LORD to correct his bad mistakes. This guy made a BIG decision this past year, he got married. Marriaage is one of those things that if you don't prepare yourself you're going to have major problems. I'm not a marriage coounselor!

This is what is I told him. The Bible teaching the principles of God and the Spirit of God shows us what is right and what's wrong. Of course Holy Spirit recalls to us the things we need to know when we need to know things. Seems pretty simple so why is it so hard to be the person we want to be and tell others they can be? As the Kids say. "that's messed up."

Well here's my best answer it's all about faith in God and belief in oneself. Jesus was asked once what is the greatest commandment and he responded Love God and the second is love youself. Of course the greatest principle of all is that God loves you unconditionally. Right Of coruse right! So having a loving God that show mercy and provides for our every need should lead us to believing that we can be above the standard, we can live uncommonly, we can be what we want to be. Being uncommon is OK and reallly is desirable.

Today December 15, 2011 I plan to become an uncommom person. I will speak what is right and when I don't I will ask God for forgiveness and also forgive myself. I will do what I think is right and if I don't I will make things right but I will not beat myself up. I will stand with those who are deserving and cannot stand by themselves.

No comments: