Monday, November 1, 2010

Let's Get a Grip!
PLEASE!!

We have gone here before but I can't help but to visit again the insanity of the surrender by individuals to the college athletics.

So much for enjoyment in athletics, especially college. Cheerleaders, strategy on the field, on the court, and during the game. Traditions like the cow bell, family tail gating, special FOODS!

Then there are those things that spoil it all, hatred, selfishness, missed place devotion, they all jump in. It's like the devil taking away our joy by tempting us with that most tempting thing we would ever face. The sin that separates us from joy.

Can't we all just enjoy the game and then look forward to the next game?? I don't think so! Watching or being at a college football game has become a passion for some people. I mean a passion in the strictest sense. I mean a passion like makes husbands leave their wives. I mean passion that causes hurt to those who just minutes before you were saying I love you to.

At what point do we GET A GRIP?! At what point does this passion become a rage and what is the real cause????? Is it worth it? It has become an addiction like alcohol to the alcoholic. How does each individual deal with this??

I really can't say how people handle this attitude, feeling, addiction, but there are many many individuals that are failing miserably at controlling themselves when it relates to college athletics.

To them and to you I say GET A GRIP!!!! You hurt it for most of us borderline sports fans.

No comments: