Friday, May 14, 2010

Ring My Bell!
OK, I hear that the SEC Rules committee was planning on taking up the "issue" of the "artificial noise maker" again this year. Well, Let me be one of the first to make myself known on the issue of the "COWBELL."
To do that i must make a statement related to sports all together first. We have screwed up sports and made a good thing into a negative thing in record time. Our heroes, in their efforts to be "all they are not" have taken drugs, used people and left a never leaving impact on the small people's minds of the world. We've run the price of a ticket to any professional and almost every college game beyond the reach of any logical minded dad who needs to provide for his family. We've put players names on shoes, shirts and shorts and our young folk think by buying, let me say paying great amounts for and wearing these garments will be a star. Good grief! The sport isn't made by the player or is it. Heroes are the players or are the players heroes??? might depend on how old you are and how much money you have. GOOD GRIEF! Not don't take me wrong I've given out my share of autographs in my days pasted, way pasted, and it was a great feeling but I wasn't getting money under the table, a new car, new cloths, special summer "jobs" or anything like that. I got a college education that i wouldn't have gotten unless i played football at Mississippi State. YEP, the one with the COWBELLS!
Now the COWBELLS. I had know idea about COWBELLS when i went to MSU. But my freshman year I heard my first, bought my first, and rang my first. It soon became a part of me .
The noise was unforgettable. Whether while sitting in the stands or on the field best said it is "unforgettable." Before being on the field full time my junior year i sat in the stands at home games. It was a uniting factor. the sound was like "no matter what the score" we are STATE! We became BULLDOGS. Our hearts pounding, sweat pouring we were DAWGS! Of course after the game and the score was usually to our disadvantage we all returned to our regular selves and head to "Judge Mac's" for refreshment. From the field it was the sound of encouragement in the purest form. As players we knew how most people felt about our record and performance put that sound, that ringing, that clanging was something from Maroon and White Heaven saying we do believe and once the game began the noise seemed to actually become a part of you mentally like your dad saying do it boy, you can do it! and your mom saying I'm so proud! and the best looking girl in Western Civilization class standing up while surrounded by her entire sorority shouting that's the guy! that one right there! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yea! It a feeling I will never ever ever ever forget. maybe some guys and of course i can't speak for the regular people in life never had that feeling and never will but for me I'd like to say to the SEC Rule Committee in relation to the Mississippi State COWBELL quietly that it is tradition as strong as the SEC has become power house conference. To allow traditions to be removed it worse than "kissing your sister." Further more, loudly I'd like to say loudly, KEEP YO DAMN HANDS OFF MY COWBELL!!!!!! WHY DON'T YOU PICK ON THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE CRUEL TO ANIMALS LIKE ALLIGATORS OR THOSE THAT USE PROFANITY IN THE NAME LIKE COCKS AND HOW ABOUT THOSE THAT CAGE TIGERS UP, POOR KITTIES! NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE ALLOWING REBELS TO CALL PLAYERS DEROGATORY NAMES FROM THE SIDELINES! KEEP YO DAMN HANDS OFF MY COWBELLS!

No comments: